The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine Doctors & Internists located in Alpharetta, GA
Occasionally having trouble getting or maintaining an erection isn’t a serious problem, but having it occur often indicates erectile dysfunction (ED). If you have this condition, it can have a significant impact on your relationships and sex life, leading to stress and a loss of self-esteem. At The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine, Dr. Eduard Fatakhov provides treatment for men in Alpharetta, Georgia, who have ED.
Erectile Dysfunction Q & A
What are the symptoms of ED?
If you have ED, you’re likely to have one or more of these symptoms:
- Difficulty getting erect
- Difficulty staying erect
- Decreased libido
Although you might feel self-conscious about discussing these symptoms, Dr. Fatakhov provides confidential, compassionate care for patients with ED. He can help you manage this condition so that you can enjoy a healthy sex life.
Why do I have ED?
You can develop ED from physical problems, psychological problems, or a combination of both. Dr. Fatakhov can help determine the underlying causes of ED so that you can address these issues during treatment. Some possible causes of ED include the following:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorders
- Some prescription medications
- Alcohol or tobacco use
- Metabolic syndrome
- Chronic stress
- Relationship issues
What problems can ED cause?
ED can cause you to have a poor sex life, which can have an adverse impact on your relationship with your partner. You might also develop low self-esteem or experience a loss of confidence. ED can also cause problems if you and your partner are trying to conceive.
Dr. Fatakhov will discuss treatment options with you to help you prevent these problems from occurring.
How does Dr. Fatakhov treat ED?
Dr. Fatakhov offers medical and natural treatments for ED. The kind of treatment you choose depends on your personal preferences, which he’ll take into consideration. Keep in mind that you can choose both medical and natural treatments. Some of your treatment options for ED might include:
- Testosterone replacement therapy that involves the use of injections, gels, skin patches, or other methods to boost testosterone levels
- Natural ED treatments, such as DHEA, L-arginine, or other dietary supplements to ease symptoms
- Oxidative therapies that involve the use of medical ozone or hydrogen peroxide to boost oxygen metabolism, which might help ease ED
What other treatments are available for ED?
Other types of treatment for ED include the following:
- Oral medications that increase the effects of chemicals that relax muscles in your penis, which stimulates blood flow in this area
- Pumps or implants that help you get and maintain erections
- Treatments that address underlying causes of ED, such as counseling for anxiety or medical care for heart disease or diabetes
If you need treatment for ED, please contact The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine to set up an appointment with Dr. Fatakhov.
Vanquish Memore info
Weight Lossmore info
Hormone Therapymore info
Low Testosteronemore info
MIC Injectionsmore info
IV Nutrient Therapymore info
Flu Shotmore info