The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine Doctors & Internists located in Alpharetta, GA
MIC Injections are subcutaneous injections that distribute fat burning substances into fatty deposits within the body. While the MIC Injections assist the release of fat throughout the body, they are combined with vitamin B-12 to help accelerate metabolism - you may have heard of this combination as Lipotropic Injections. By administering these injections Dr. Fatakhov at The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine in Alpharetta, Georgia, is able to assist patient's overall weight loss in a safe and precise way.
MIC Injections Q & A
What is in a MIC Injection?
MIC Stands for Methionine Inositol Choline.
Methionine is an essential amino acid that functions as a lipotropic agent. This means that methionine helps to start the breakdown of fat in the body.
There are several benefits of Methionine including:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps to eliminate fatigue
- Useful in some cases of allergies
- Improves liver disease
- Improves hair, skin, and nails
- Improves production of creatine which improves cardiovascular/muscular functions
- Useful in treatments of premature ejaculation, chronic depression, and even Parkinson’s disease
Inositol is a B vitamin that has several beneficial properties including:
- Promotes cell, nerve and brain health
- Assists in the metabolism of fats
- Assists the reduction of cholesterol in the blood
- Assists in the production of serotonin (a neurotransmitter that helps to control mood and appetite)
- Can be used in the treatment of fatty liver, depression, anxiety, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Choline is an essential nutrient that helps support the processing and release of waste from the liver, the transport and metabolism of fats and cholesterol, and the health of the endocrine and cardiovascular systems. There are various benefits of choline including:
- Normalizes cholesterol metabolism
- Improves liver function
- Induces glucose and insulin intolerance
- Aids memory
- Helps to maintain a healthy nervous system
Are MIC Injections painful?
When MIC Injections are administered correctly you may feel a slight pinch, a local warming under the skin or a small tightness in the general injection location. Dr. Eduard Fatakhov’s patients have reported feeling no considerable discomfort. As with any injection or procedure, if you have a low pain threshold and a high sensitivity to pain, you should discuss your concerns with Dr. Fatakhov. If needed, a topical or local numbing agent could be applied.
Are MIC Injections safe?
For most patients MIC Injections are safe. Most patients will experience no side effects other than the induced weight loss that the MIC Injections are created to achieve. There is the possibility of a small number of patients experiencing side effects such as upset stomach, urinary problems or feelings of depression. While these side effects are rare it is important to discuss any concerns that you might have with Dr. Fatakhov before the MIC Injections are administered.
If you would like more information on MIC Injections, please contact The Center for Internal and Integrative Medicine to schedule a consultation with Dr. Fatakhov.
Vanquish Memore info
Weight Lossmore info
Hormone Therapymore info
Low Testosteronemore info
MIC Injectionsmore info
IV Nutrient Therapymore info
Flu Shotmore info